I thought it might be useful for people to know what happens and when, every step of the way, from our initial meeting, to booking me, to the wedding day, and afterwards! Hopefully this explains it all but for any other questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch any time, even if it’s just for wedding advice or recommendations for suppliers! I’m always here to help my clients as much as I can – email@example.com
- Informal chat – we either meet face-to-face for a cuppa or have a Skype meeting to go through all the options and prices.
- Confirm you’d like to go ahead and book me for your wedding – yay! Fill in our online booking form telling us what you’d like included in your photography package so we can put together a quote or two.
- We send you the contract – you select which quote you’re happy to go ahead with, sign the contract, and pay the booking fee, all online. Simples!
- Do you require a pre-wedding photo shoot? This can be booked any time, although weekends get quite busy in the summer months so a weekday evening may be better (usually better light if it’s a nice evening!)… It needs to be at least a month or two before your wedding so there’s plenty of time to get any printed products ready, such as a signing book or signing frame, for your guests to write you messages on your wedding day. A Bridal Boudoir shoot is another option – pamper yourself and get a confidence boost (plus a fabulous gift!) before your big day. This would need to be booked for a couple of months before your wedding. Shoots take place at Hotel de Vie Monday – Thursday daytimes. Alternatively you could do a mini-boudoir session the morning of your wedding if time allows!
- A couple of months before your wedding… We send you our online pre-wedding questionnaire to get a few more details about photo requests and timings. We also send you the invoice for the balance of your wedding photography, which is due a month before your wedding.
- A week or two before your wedding… We meet for a catch up, preferably at your venue! If not local this can be done via Skype. This is to go through all the timings and confirm the photography schedule for the day. If your venue isn’t local, I would visit the day before, if staying over the night before.
- Wedding day – Yay! I’ll have a Plan A if the weather is great, or Plan B if the weather isn’t on our side!
- 1-2 days after the wedding – I post a sneak preview on social media!
- 4-6 weeks after your wedding – we send you the log in details for your online gallery, and check the design of your thank-you cards and numbers so we can send them off to print.
- We post your thank you cards and your USB containing your digital images (and slideshow if included with your package)
- You choose 100 images to go in your wedding album, and we arrange a design meeting (either face-to-face or via Skype)
- I design the page layout, and then you approve it or tell me if you’d like me to change anything. Your wedding album usually takes between 2-4 weeks to be printed.
- Why not get some of your fab pictures printed for your wall!
- One year after your wedding – have a complimentary photo shoot on us! Happy Anniversary!
For my full blog about wedding albums – the process and all the options – please click HERE.